Passionate about all things beauty related.

Wednesday 9 March 2016

High End Make Up Haul

Hi guys, I hope you're all well!

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and Dave and I went away to London for a few days to celebrate. London is one of my favourite places in England and I always feel so happy and relaxed when I'm there, which is strange because it's such a busy place and I really hate crowded areas! 

We spent a whole day exploring Oxford Street and the surrounding areas and of course I had to take a trip to Selfridges, I treated myself to some new makeup goodies and I thought I'd share what I got with you and let you know my first impressions. 

We stayed in Covent Garden which is full of lovely shops and I hadn't even been in London for more than an hour when I 'accidentally' fell into Charlotte Tilburys new flagship store! I'm not going to lie, at first I was a little scared and intimidated but after a little pep talk from Dave, I stepped into the store and that was it, I was away, swatching things all over my hands, I was in my happy place. I restricted myself to only purchasing two items as I knew we were going to take a trip to Selfridges the next day and I knew that was going to be very dangerous for my bank account!



I needed a new foundation so I re-purchased my holy grail, The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in shade number 2, I absolutely adore this foundation but I won't go into too much detail as I have previously mentioned it in my January Favourites post.


 I also picked up the Filmstar Bronze and Glow in light to medium, I've yet to use this as I wanted to save it to be able to take a photo for this post but I did swatch it in store and it is absolutely beautiful! I've also heard so many good things about it, I just had to get my hands on it. 




The next day we took a trip to Oxford Street and into Selfridges, these are the goodies I picked up from there:

I needed a new bronzer so I picked up the cult favourite, Nars Laguna, the man at the counter persuaded me to buy the slighter larger size which also came with a mini contour brush. I love this bronzer, it's the perfect colour for my skin tone and looks natural on the face, I've been using it ever since I got into high end makeup and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. 



I've been in the market for a new finishing powder for a looong time, after using the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder for as long as I can remember I thought it might be time to try something new. I had absolutely no idea which one I wanted and was having a little mooch at the Bobbi Brown counter when a lady asked me if I needed any help, after explaining what I wanted she picked up this little compact powder and I nearly had a heart attack as I noticed it was all shimmery, a shimmery powder to set my makeup with a matte fininsh?! You can't be serious! But me being me kept quiet as she began to brush it gently over my face. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong, I was blown away. It gave me a completely flawless finish and I couldn't have got my bank card out of my purse quick enough to buy it! As we continued to do our shopping, I stopped at every mirror to admire how lovely my skin looked! The Bobbi Brown Nude Finish Illuminating Powder is part of a new collection by Bobbi Brown and is available here.



The last two purchases were from Debenhams, I'd heard a lot of good things about the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer and I decided to pick it up as I was running low on my trusty Collection concealer. I absolutely loooove this concealer, the coverage is amazing and I could probably wear this without foundation when I'm having a good skin day. I got this in the lightest shade as I wanted to use it as an under eye concealer and it does the job perfectly, it doesn't settle into fine lines and covers up my dark circles really well. 


And then, last but not least, I picked up a new mascara. The Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Waterproof Mascara. My Benefit Roller Lash is drying out and I wanted to try something new, the lady behind the counter recommended this one for me so I thought I'd give it a go. It does go on very thick and can make your eyelashes look quite spidery but I just sweep a dry mascara brush through my lashes after applying this and it helps give a more natural but still very volumised look.  




So, that's all that I got my hands on whilst I was away in London. Let me know what you would definitely have to pick up if you only had five minutes to spend in Selfridges in the comments below. 

Thank you reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Lots of love, 

Jodie 

This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jodie Louise Brinkley | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig