Passionate about all things beauty related.

Friday 1 January 2016

2016!

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! 
Happy New Year to you all!

So, 2015 has absolutely flown by and 2016 is here! I feel like a lot of us will be wondering what the next 12 months will have in store for us, but the truth is, they will be whatever we make them to be. I for one am absolutely terrible when it comes to making decisions and I expect opportunities to just fall into my lap without me putting in any effort whatsoever. This leads me onto New Year resolutions, I've never really been one to make these as I know I'll never stick to things like 'giving up chocolate' so I thought I would set myself some more realistic targets and I wanted to share them with you today.



1. Be more sensible with money - I am terrible with money (like, really really terrible) so I have decided that I'm going to open a savings account and put away a sum of money every month. Saving money will be very useful for my future when it comes to things like getting a mortgage or having children, I'm 21 years old and I need to start thinking about being an adult!  

2. Put more time and effort into my blog - With working full time I struggle to find the time and energy to be able to create amazing blog posts but I am determined to work hard on this blog and make it something that I can be proud of! I have ordered a new charger for my camera battery so once that arrives I can start to create more content!

3. Spend more time with loved ones - This one is definitely the one I want to stick to the most and I feel like if any of you guys are making resolutions this should be on your list too. Sometimes we get so caught up with things that we forget about those around us, we forget that the ones closest to us are not invincible and there will come a time when they're no longer with us. Unfortunately my Grandad is very poorly and has been for a few years, this past year he has really deteriorated and it has been very heartbreaking to watch. He has dementia and it's completely destroying the man I know and love dearly. It has made me realise that I need to appreciate every second I spend with the people who mean the most to me and to tell them how much they mean to me regularly. 

4. Do more of what makes me happy - This one is a tough one for me because I am always very hard on myself. I need to start searching for opportunities instead of expecting them to just come to me. I want a job that I enjoy and makes me happy and I want to be able to take time out to be able to do things that I love, like travelling. I think this one is going to be the hardest one for me but I am determined to give it a go.

So, there are my four New Years Resolutions, let me know if you are making any in the comments below, I look forward to seeing what your goals for 2016 are! 

Lots of love, Jodie

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jodie Louise Brinkley | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig